Stuck in Dallas

Being delayed for a flight is one thing, but when you are a fresh, new eighteen year old, and the situation consequently ends in me missing my connecting flight to my dad’s, that, my friend,  is a whole ‘nother story.

I began my “flight morning” routine around 4:00am, yesterday.  After stacking my luggage in the car, my mother dropped me in Dinuba to spend an early Christmas with my grandma until my 2:00pm flight at Fresno International Airport.

My morning was swell.  Along with her friends, we had a delicious breakfast at Denny’s.  Immediately after arriving home, we began decorating Christmas sugar cookies.  When Grandma mentioned a gingerbread house that she had bought recently, we immediately switched projects.

Time began crawling up on us so we left at 12:30pm to ensure enough time to make the flight.  After checking my luggage, we realized I had a long time before boarding, therefore, we had a snack at an airport restaurant. Twenty minutes prior to boarding, we  exchanged our goodbyes, and I was off to gate 12.


Who would have thought that the following hours would effect the rest of my day.  When the speaker informed us of the two hour delay, I had a bad feeling.  After the Plane finally took off at 4:40pm,  I realized that I wasn’t going to make my connecting flight in Dallas.

Upon landing, I ran to the shuttle and rode it for 3 stops until they dropped me at the B Gate building. Tired for running for about 10 minutes, I finally arrived at my gate- B39.  To my surprise, there was no one in sight-but a single man. I walked the entire floor until I found a worker to assist me.  She mentioned to me that the flight had left over forty minutes ago.

After about 25 minutes she gave me vouchers, a hotel, and shuttle ride.  I went to the Comfort Inn where I checked in and I slept in room 313.  Unfortunately, the vouchers were only valid on the plane, so how would that help?  So I bought some food and I watched Comedy Central until around 12:30 and I fell asleep.


RISE AND SHINE! I woke up at 5am to tidy up my room and email clients.  The 6am shuttle drove me to the airport where I went through security.

I was sitting just now, with a friend that I met yesterday, he was in the same situation. We walked to restaurants and bought a lot of food with our vouchers of $19.00. I bought a Starbucks drink, a yogurt cup, fruit cup, banana, and a caesar chicken wrap!

I am now looking out the window (8:01) for my flight.



Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s